Assistant Professor, Aerospace Engineering Department, Texas A&M University
• 2015 – PhD in Physics
University College London, England, UK
• 2009 – MSc in Physics
Photonics & Optoelectronic Devices, University of St Andrews and Heriot-Watt University, Scotland, UK
• 2008 – Diploma (eq. to MSc) School of Applied Mathematical & Physical Sciences, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
Positions available for excellent Post-Docs, Graduate students, and Undergraduate students. Contact Alexandros directly for more information.
• Junhwi joined the group in January 2020 and is working on the application of CRBS and optical emission spectroscopy (OES) under a plasma environment. Previously, he worked on electron cross-field transport in Hall thrusters in the Komurasaki laboratory at the University of Tokyo.
• Ph.D. and M.Eng. in Aero. Astro. from Univ. of Tokyo, Japan. B.Sc. in Mech. and Aero. Eng. from Seoul Natl. Univ., South Korea.
• Research interests include plasma diagnostics, plasma formation, electron cross-field transport.
Robert Randolph, Graduate Research Assistant
• Robert Randolph joined the group in Fall 2019 and is pursuing a PhD in Aerospace Engineering.
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering with a Concentration in Aerospace from Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
• Research interests include light-matter interaction, laser diagnostics, hypersonics, gas flow measurements and aircraft control.
Rupali Sahu, Graduate Research Assistant
• Rupali joined the group in Fall 2019 and has been a part of Plasma Dynamics Modelling Lab since Fall 2017. She is pursuing a PhD in Aerospace Engineering. She is co-advised by Dr. Kentaro Hara from Stanford University.
• B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering from Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology.
• Research interests include electric propulsion, arc discharge plasma and numerical simulations.
Justin Witkowski, Undergraduate Research Assistant
• Justin Witkowski is an Aerospace student of the Class of 2021 from Sachse, Texas.
• Research interests are anything and everything as he’s still gauging potential opportunities.
• Hobbies include video games, reading, spending time with friends, and playing the saxophone.
Nick Turner, Undergraduate Research Assistant
• Nick Turner is an Aerospace student of the Class of 2020 from Austin, Texas.
• Research interests include lasers and information systems.
• Hobbies include rugby, running, and playing guitar.
Levi Atkins, Undergraduate Research Assistant
• Levi Atkins is an Aerospace student of the Class of 2020 from Thorndale, Texas.
• Research interests include Aircraft Propulsion and Design
• Hobbies include RC aircraft design, model rocketry, video games, and yoga.
Steven Mai, Undergraduate Research Assistant
• Steven Mai is an Aerospace student of the Class of 2021 from Allen, Texas.
• Research interests include Aerodynamics and Stability.
• Hobbies include music, reading, playing video games, and playing the trombone.
Devin Merrell, Undergraduate Research Assistant
• Devin Merrell is an Aerospace student of the Class of 2021 from Waxahachie, Texas.
• Research interests include propulsion and hypersonics.
• Hobbies include baking and antique furniture restoration.
Ryan Sterling, Undergraduate Research Assistant
• Ryan Sterling is an Aerospace student of the Class of 2021 from Mansfield, Texas.
• Research interests include structures and lasers, but he keeps an open mind.
• Hobbies include volunteering with CARPOOL, running, and doing all sorts of crafts with his roommates.
Dimitrios Athanasopoulos, Visiting Scholar June-August 2019
• Dimitrios Athanasopoulos is a visiting scholar pursuing a Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering through the University of Patras.
• Currently probing and mapping different chemical molecules of interest in a cold atmospheric-pressure plasma jet by means of laser-induced fluorescence (LIF) diagnostic technique.
• B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, as well as a B.Sc. in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Patras.
• Research interests include high-voltage engineering, cold atmospheric-pressure plasmas, and plasma biomedicine.
Timothy Gordon, Undergraduate Research Assistant (May-August 2019)
• Timothy Gordon is an Aerospace Student of the Class of 2020 from Waxahachie, Texas.
• Research interests include Structures, Materials & Forensics, and VTOL Craft.
• Hobbies include woodworking, kayaking, and horticulture.